You never know who may walk down your path, into your life, or sit next to you at a restaurant bar. What happens if this person can connect you with exactly what you desire in your life right now? How do you respond to anyone?
First, do you even acknowledge the person sitting next to you? Or, are you so distracted by your phone that you don’t?
Here’s what I learned from meeting two extremely successful people last week:
(1) People want you to succeed! Can you clearly convey what you’re passionate about? Can you show excitement about it, and share vulnerability in what challenges you face?
By stating this, I was introduced to someone walking out of a room that could help me with the biggest challenge I currently face.
(2) Don’t be afraid to ask them a hard question. What was their biggest challenge and how did they rise above it? You may get some surprising answers. (see number 4)
(3) Highly successful people are “Go-Givers” not a “Go-Getters.” First, they give at the highest level. Then, they ask for what may help them.
(4) Highly successful people are overly prepared. Don’t walk into a situation by winging it. Take necessary steps to understand the details, be prepared in all possible situations to have the appropriate conversations. Yet, don’t be a perfectionist and waste time.
(5) Highly successful people listen and are sincere. In a conversation do you usually talk too much or can you clearly convey back to someone what you just heard?
Napoleon Hill said in his famous book, Think and Grow Rich:
“Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act on building the life you desire.”
Be open to opportunities. You never know who you will meet one day.
Who do you choose to spend your time with? Do they raise you up to the next level in business, life and relationships?
Special Invitation: I invite you to join me on August 11-14th in Estes Park, CO to rise up to the next level. This retreat offers a small unique community with carefully selected individuals to transform your life and unlock your potential to reach the next level. Reply to this email to see if you’re a good fit.
Wishing you an abundant, joyful and prosperous day!
Chief Energy Officer
© Courageous Path LLC